MGMT 410 Week 4 Training and Development Midterm A+ Complete Answer
MGMT 410 Week 4 Training and Development Midterm A+ Complete Answer
MGMT 410 Set 1
1. Question : (TCO 1) One of the implications of technology in HRM is
to strengthen communications internally and externally.
employees will need more face time with their superiors.
managers will have to revert to autocratic decision making.
abuse of e-mail and web surfing is eliminated.
2. Question : (TCO 1) All of these are workforce diversity characteristics, except
varied personal characteristics.
increased participation of women and the elderly.
a large number of baby boomers in the workforce.
the increase of multicultural foods.
3. Question : (TCO 2) Organizations are oftentimes looking for ways to reduce operation costs. One option that is considered is selecting a consulting firm to provide training programs, private staffing agencies to perform recruiting and selection activities, and a financial organization to handle benefits. This option is an example of
4. Question : (TCO 2) A large manufacturing organization with 20 geographically dispersed production facilities recently cut its HRM staff by 60%. Each site has a few generalists, but specialist needs in recruiting and selection planning, employment law, training, and benefits administration have been consolidated into one location. This situation is an example of
decentralized work surveillance.
5. Question : (TCO 3) A consequence of an employment practice that results in a greater rejection rate for a minority group than for a majority group is
6. Question : (TCO 3) You are vice president of human resources of a large pharmaceutical manufacturer. Your firm has a longstanding tradition of promoting from within. New hires are fresh college graduates with no experience and no advanced degrees. Your firm is being sued by Ed, a 45-year-old MBA, who has attempted to apply for a general manager job. He knows the position is available because the incumbent died and the obituary was public information. He is claiming age discrimination. Which of the following discrimination defenses should be employed?
The 4/5 rule
Performance ratio comparison
7. Question : (TCO 3) Which of the following laws most impact pregnant women’s employee and/or employer rights and obligations?
8. Question : (TCO 4) Larry has worked for a 2,500-employee chemical manufacturer, ABCHEM, for 2 years. He went to work on Monday morning to find his key no longer fit the front door lock and a new sign “FUTURE HOME OFFICE OF ALLIED PLASTICS” on the front door. He called his office and found that the telephone had been disconnected. He then noticed the local paper with headlines, “ABCHEM sells plastics subsidiary: 2000 layoffs!” Larry remembered the letter he received from the HRM department 3 months earlier that had warned of this probable plant closing, but he ignored it as a rumor. What protection is Luis given under W.A.R.N.?
He is entitled to an amount equal to pay and benefits for up to 60 days.
His job must be given back to him.
No protection; he was notified in an appropriate manner.
No protection; the employee layoff number is too small.
9. Question : (TCO 5) Leona has gathered job analysis data with a structured questionnaire for managerial jobs in remote locations of her firm. Exit interviews have produced comments such as, “You should have told me what was really expected.” She wants to use an additional collection technique to avoid misrepresentation in job descriptions. Leona’s boss told her, “Be thorough. Job analysis time and cost are nothing compared to the cost of replacing these managers.” Which method should she use?
10. Question : (TCO 4) Which of the following is not one of the guidelines for administering discipline?
Following the hot stove rule
Provide ample warning
Be consistent and personal
Making discipline actions progressive
11. Question : (TCO 5) This job analysis method requires job incumbents to record their daily activities.
Technical conference method
12. Question : (TCO 5) Where does demand for labor occur in the strategic planning process?
Before corporate goals and objectives are established
After job analysis
After the labor supply and demand are compared
Before organizational mission is defined
13. Question : (TCO 6) Which is not a constraint on recruiting efforts?
14. Question : (TCO 6) Which of the following efforts do not support recruiting activity?
Having more positions than employees
Organization facing downsizing
Adding a new division
Organization experiencing growth
15. Question : (TCO 6) What is the difference between a conditional job offer and a permanent job offer?
The conditional job offer is made when employment tests are passed. The permanent job offer is made when background checks are passed.
The conditional job offer is made by the recruiter. The permanent job offer is made by the interviewer.
The conditional job offer is made after salary is set. The permanent job offer is based on performance expectations before salary is set.
Conditional job offers are made to hourly workers. Permanent job offers are made to salaried workers.
The conditional job offer is made before the initial screening. The permanent job offer is made after medical requirements are met.
16. Question : (TCO 6) Which is not a contingent worker?
17. Question : (TCO 7) In the selection process, a background examination should occur after
a medical/physical examination.
an initial screening.
a conditional job offer.
a completed application.
18. Question : (TCO 7) Which of the following is a more elaborate set of performance simulation tests specifically designed to evaluate a candidate’s managerial potential?
Performance simulation test
An assessment center
19. Question : (TCO 7) Application forms typically include all of the following except
a statement giving the employer the right to dismiss an employee for falsifying information.
permission for the employer to obtain previous work history.
name, address, and telephone number.
20. Question : (TCO 8) When comparing employee development to employee training, which set of phrases is correct?
training focuses on existing work groups. Development focuses on work group formation.
development is used for indoctrination. Training is required for metamorphosis.
training focuses on current job skills. Development focuses on personal growth.
training is Intranet-based. Development uses Internet technology.
21. Question : (TCO 8) Jahmal owns a ski instruction school in the Berkshire Mountains, a dog training academy in Connecticut, and an investment house in Boston. He just told Shawon, one of his most promising investment managers, to run the dog academy for 6 months. What technique is Jahmal using?
22. Question : (TCO 8) Organizational development addresses system-wide change in the organization. If following the Lewin change process, which order of steps are correct?
Change, refreeze, unfreeze
Unfreeze, change, refreeze
Refreeze, change, unfreeze
Unfreeze, refreeze, change
23. Question : (TCO 9) Hector is a research scientist in a large company. He refuses to go to staff meetings but volunteers to attend conventions where he receives recognition for his accomplishments. He holds 17 patents (more than two for each year he has been with his company, and they are proudly displayed on his office wall), but will not work with his manager on quarterly goals. What is Hector’s Holland vocational preferences type?
24. Question : (TCO 9) Career stages are important to employee development. The traditional stages are
25. Question : (TCO 9) Robert is very concerned with the welfare of others. He is introverted, quiet, and focused. Which of the following is likely to be the best job match for Robert?
1. Question : (TCO 3) Sexual harassment can occur in a work environment with employees of the organization. Explain the role or responsibility of the company in this situation.
2. Question : (TCO 7) Explain the benefits of online recruiting.
3. Question : (TCO 8) You have just been promoted at the BBB Company and now have the responsibility of the employee orientation program. What components should be covered in the program? Explain what would be covered in your employee orientation program.
For instant digital download of the above solution, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get the tutorial for MGMT 410 Devry University Week 4 Training and Development Midterm
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on email@example.com